[WikiEN-l] Re: BBC News Online Story.

Sam Fentress (Asbestos) asbestos999 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:55:54 UTC 2005

On 12/15/05, SJ <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, this makes it rather hard to design a good blinded study.
> Feeding all text through a dialect-simulator, or better yet an editor
> that unifies paragraph-length and word choice without altering any
> facts or much clarity, might help.  The design of a decent
> reference-work comparison study might merit a paper in itself.
>
> SJ

A program that can edit an article to remove all the verbage and keep the
facts is pretty far away, from an AI stand-point... If they had had the time
and money, though, I guess they could have had their students read through
the articles and simply list each "fact". Then you could get the number of
errors per 100 facts. Not quite as easy, though.

Sam

--
Asbestos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Asbestos