[WikiEN-l] Improve AFD - require rationales (2-step process)

Sam Fentress (Asbestos) asbestos999 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 19:13:26 UTC 2005

This has turned into yet another debate over the brokenness of AFD, but I
was actually interested in the original idea, and wonder if we could return
the discussion to that...?

I think the idea is very good, as it forces people to think about why they
are voting to delete/keep the article, and makes it clear what the issues
are. However, I also think that Tony is right and the keepers don't need to
come up with individual reasons to keep, they just have to vote not to
delete. My one change would therefore be the addition of a "Do Not Support"
vote, or whatever it would be called:

===[[FakeBand]]===
====DELETE====
* Band yields only 12 Google hits; all on geocities, lycos and myspace
apart from official site which indicates they're not famous or having
an effect on the music industry. - [[User:Example1]]
**Support -- [[User:Example1]]
**Support -- [[User:Example2]]
**Support -- [[User:Example3]]
**Support -- [[User:Example4]]
**Do Not Support: We're really famous by word of mouth -- [[User:Example5]]
**Do Not Support -- [[User:Example6]]

* Band has no albums on Amazon. (WP:MUSIC) -- [[User:Example1]]
**Support -- [[User:Example1]]
**Support -- [[User:Example2]]
**Do Not Support: But we do have them in our local shops --
[[User:Example3]]
**Support -- [[User:Example4]]
**Support -- [[User:Example5]]
**Support -- [[User:Example6]]

* The listed albums are self-produced as admitted by creator. --
[[User:Example2]]
**Support -- [[User:Example1]]
**Support -- [[User:Example2]]
**Do Not Support: So what? -- [[User:Example3]]
**Do Not Support -- [[User:Example4]]
**Do Not Support -- [[User:Example4]]

====KEEP====
* Band DOES have 3 albums. They're listed on the official site. We
just couldn't get them in the stores yet. (www.fakeband.com). --
[[User:ArticleCreator]]
**Support -- [[User:ArticleCreator]]

... or something like that.