[WikiEN-l] NPOV trainwreck

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Dec 13 22:52:21 UTC 2005

Sam Spade wrote:
> Needless to say I am offended and saddened that criticism of the
> committe is being dismissed as the ravings of extremists. That is not
> a good sign. It is no compliment when those on both sides of an issue
> sternly criticise the "neutral" referee. When that happens in sports,
> it is the clearest of signals that the umpire is in the wrong.

I think we can distinguish serious and thoughtful criticism of the
ArbCom from partisan rantings fairly easily.  Suggesting that I am
stacking the ArbCom with people whose politics I agree with is quite
frankly absurd.

On the other hand, legitimate feedback to the ArbCom like: "you're too
soft on trolls" or "you are too hard on users who have just made a minor
mistake" might be right or wrong in the final analysis, but at least it
is legitimate criticism.

--Jimbo