[WikiEN-l] 3RR blocks and admin immunity

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:22:54 UTC 2005

>From: Leif Knutsen <vyerllc at gmail.com>
>
>I'm not even going to bother to go into why a recent 3RR block of me was
>unjust and unwarranted, and probably abusive. What interests me more is
>what
>appears to be the immunity enjoyed by admins. I reported one of you for
>vandalism three times in the last few days, documented the three specific
>instances and countless others, and nobody (except the perp) even
>responded,
>let alone acted on the complaint.
>
>I'm just curious: how many cases have there been of an admin being subject
>to disciplinary action, either in the form of blocks, long-term blocks,
>being deprived of admin rights, or outright expulsion? What I see - even
>from admins I have learned to respect - is that admins generally stand up
>for each other first and last, whether they harbor reservations after the
>fact.

Leif, while I don't know the particulars of your blocking, I feel I should
note that two entries down from yours on WP:AN/3RR is entry in which an
admin has been blocked for 3RR violation.  Also, admins have had their admin
abilities removed temporarily and permanently by the Arbitration Committee.

Jay.