[WikiEN-l] Separate namespace for Deletions and other achives?

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Dec 12 17:18:12 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, M. Creidieki Crouch <creidieki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could we make a separate namespace for all of the AfD archives?  Right
> now, [[Special:Randompage/Wikipedia]] only gives me AfD pages, and
> doing a search in the Wikipedia namespace is near impossible.  We
> could call it "Deletion" and only put the AfD stuff in it, or we could
> call it "Archives" and put some other stuff in it (FAC, RFA).  But I
> really think that putting the infinite cruft into a separate namespace
> would make some of these technical features easier to use.
>
> -- Creidieki

I don't think it's good design to create a whole new namespace simply
because you want to exclude certain pages from Randompage.  In my
opinion this is something which should be fixed within Randompage.  A
new namespace should be significantly different from the other
namespaces, usually because there are display differences.

Anthony