[WikiEN-l] Separate namespace for Deletions and other achives?

Kat Walsh mindspillage at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:24:53 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, M. Creidieki Crouch <creidieki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could we make a separate namespace for all of the AfD archives?  Right
> now, [[Special:Randompage/Wikipedia]] only gives me AfD pages, and
> doing a search in the Wikipedia namespace is near impossible.  We
> could call it "Deletion" and only put the AfD stuff in it, or we could
> call it "Archives" and put some other stuff in it (FAC, RFA).  But I
> really think that putting the infinite cruft into a separate namespace
> would make some of these technical features easier to use.
>
> -- Creidieki

Strongly agree with giving AfDs their own namespace. (This has been
proposed before but never got anywhere.) Wikipedia: space search is
all but useless now.

One further suggestion: that they not be indexed by Google. Why? It
just adds noise to search results, and there are plenty of people who
have had nothing to do with Wikipedia other than the fact that someone
wrote a miserably bad or pure vanity article about them, and thanks to
AfD the first several hits on their names are us and mirrors
proclaiming "vanity, kill it quickly with an axe" or "not notable,
delete". They usually tend to be upset about this and I can't say that
I blame them.

-Kat
[[User:Mindspillage]]

--
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily
escaped the chronicler's mind."  --Douglas Adams