[WikiEN-l] Proposal: Article Improvement Weeks! (was Turn off article creation AND deletion.)

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sun Dec 11 14:18:14 UTC 2005

Jimmy Wales wrote:

> One great reason to do all of this is to shake up the cobwebs in our
> thinking.  A lot of our processes are fantastic, organically evolved
> over time, and shouldn't be changed.  But they aren't all perfect and we
> need to always remain experimental -- it's a wiki after all.

Yes. One thing that pisses me off about Wikipedia is the committee
committees to have a vote on having a committee to vote to ascertain
consensus on having a committee before you can actually bloody *do*
anything.

(Which is one of the things I like about Uncyclopedia: blatant admin
fascism! MUWAHAHAHAHA. Excuse me.)

I vaguely recall workplace studies where changing *anything* increased
productivity - it wasn't the new setting, it was the fact of change.

So, experiment suggestions so far:

1. Switch off anon article creation - in progress.
2. Prefill text for new article creation.
3. Article Improvement Week.
4. Turn off AFD for (a week/a month/ever).

Any others I missed?

- d.