[WikiEN-l] Proposal: Article Improvement Weeks! (was Turn off article creation AND deletion.)

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Dec 11 14:08:45 UTC 2005

So this all started as a fantasy/joke of mine in IRC, but I want to say
that so many people have responded favorably that I'm supportive of the
concept.

One great reason to do all of this is to shake up the cobwebs in our
thinking.  A lot of our processes are fantastic, organically evolved
over time, and shouldn't be changed.  But they aren't all perfect and we
need to always remain experimental -- it's a wiki after all.