[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Fri Dec 9 21:24:08 UTC 2005

Keith Old wrote:

> I would have no problem with adding a requirement to notify the original
> author as part of a requirement for nomination. We should also look at
> systems where communities possibly affected by a decision are advised of the
> decision. Posting  articles on relevant noticeboards  is one way of doing
> it.

You wouldn't, but the AFD regulars resist any such move furiously.

People are happy to agree with these ideas on wikien-l. But I strongly
suggest they try saying it on [[WT:AFD]] and see for themselves how
resistant the AFD regulars are to any change to the deletion process
short of anyone pulling a complete replacement deletion system out of
thin air.

- d.