[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 04:34:30 UTC 2005

On 12/8/05, Keith Old <keithold at gmail.com> wrote:
> People should give serious thought to the consequences of such actions
> before they post. All that would happen is that we would end up with one
> hell of a mess.
>
> In any case, those people who are so concerned about AfD should come up with
> a serious proposal that would work better. As yet, I have not seen such a
> proposal.

I'm having real trouble determining if people are being facetious or
not when they write such things as the above. "People should give
serious thought to the consequences of such actions before they post."
That sounds like Ari Fleischer's admonition to Bill Maher:

"It's a terrible thing to say, and it's unfortunate... There are
reminders to all Americans that they need to watch what they say,
watch what they do, and this is not a time for remarks like that;
there never is."

http://unquietmind.com/presssec.html

My proposal is entirely serious; just because someone doesn't like the
thought of it doesn't make it unserious. Just because someone thinks
it will fail or have negative consequences doesn't make it unserious.
You *might be wrong*, you know.

I often am.

Because I'm human.