[WikiEN-l] Turn off AfD

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Fri Dec 9 01:34:34 UTC 2005

Jtkiefer wrote:
> The Cunctator wrote:

>> Of course, the rules against vandalism and the 3RR would apply. People
>> who arbitrarily or abusively delete articles would be treated just
>> like any other abusive editor.

> I shudder at the thought of it, Wikipedia would turn into chaos, trolls
> would go wild, in short I am extremely opposed to the idea of turning
> off AFD for even a day.

No, I mean just turn it off, not Cunc's plan. See Tony Sidaway's email
for the numbers: AFD is not the last barrier against the downfall of
Wikipedia, it's now just somewhere people try to win arguments and salt
the earth. It would result in only a few more articles staying around
and a lot less querulousness and bad faith to newcomers.

- d.