[WikiEN-l] Experiment on new pages

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Dec 6 21:56:41 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge wrote:

> It seems to me that these comments are far more libellous than what
> was in the article.  At least the article stated that the charges were
> found to be in error.  Do you have any proof at all for your statement
> that "he's a litigous asshole looking for revenge."  A truly litigious
> person would have fun with that comment, and the fact that it was made
> on the mailing list would be no excuse.

How about this statement, then:

"Based on the available evidence, particularly his tone and comments in
public discussions, Mr. Seigenthaler appears to be a litigious asshole
looking for revenge.  In particular, his singleminded focus on the
inability of Wikipedia to provide him with a name he can sue suggests
that he is more interested in lawsuits and revenge than in constructive
criticism or improving anything."

(There is, of course, nothing libelous about expressing an opinion.)

-Mark