[WikiEN-l] Experiment on new pages

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Dec 6 21:40:12 UTC 2005

BJörn Lindqvist wrote:

>>If we diagnose what went wrong in the Seigenthaler case, this seems like
>>a very opportune place to try a small change of policy.
>>
>>1. First, the Seigenthaler article was created by an anon.
>>

>What does that have to do with anything? Please assume good faith. The
>person who wrote the text might have gotten Seigenthaler mixed up with
>another person who might actually have been suspected of being a
>Soviet spy etc. A registered user could aswell have made the same
>mistake. I certainly had no idea who this Seigenthaler dude was and
>wouldn't have been able to spot the errors in the article. Now I know
>- he's a litigous asshole looking for revenge. What was written about
>him on Wikipedia is peanuts compared to how the printed press
>regularily treats famous persons. He should consider himself lucky if
>involvement in the Kennedy assassination is the worst be has been
>accused for.

It seems to me that these comments are far more libellous than what was
in the article.  At least the article stated that the charges were found
to be in error.  Do you have any proof at all for your statement that
"he's a litigous asshole looking for revenge."  A truly litigious person
would have fun with that comment, and the fact that it was made on the
mailing list would be no excuse.

Ec