[WikiEN-l] About our disclaimer and what I wish...

grm_wnr grmwnr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 20:12:45 UTC 2005

Kelly Martin wrote:

>Almost all the print and electronic media
>articles I've seen misreport Wikipedia's URL as www.wikipedia.com
>(instead of .org).

It's an easy mistake to make, though, since all .com links transparently
redirect to .org ones. The name of the project is Wikipedia, not
wikipedia.org. And I guess most people just aren't watching their
location bar all that much, since it's the only place where it's really
apparent (okay, it's on [[Wikipedia]] too). If we really care that much
about not being called a .com, we should change that.

grm_wnr