[WikiEN-l] Re: yet another image lost for posterity

Steve Block steve.block at myrealbox.com
Sun Dec 4 19:30:28 UTC 2005

Perhaps the way to square this is that for all images tagged with any
fair use tag but fairusein, we follow the links to the articles to which
it is linked and place a template on the linking articles talk page to
the effect that the image should be tagged with fairusein and that an
argument for such fairuse should be made on the image description page.
  Would there also be agreement on requiring a timelimit within which
this should happen, somewhere between a week and a month perhaps?

With fair use and related tagged images which are orphan, including
those not in the article space, perhaps we need to start tagging
uploader talk pages notifying them that the image will be deleted if not
tagged with fairusein and used within the body of an article.  I can
understand both sides of this argument, and it seems that this might be
the best way to solve the problems posted to this list recently.

Any thoughts?