[WikiEN-l] A bold fix needed to the "omg backlog" problem

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sun Dec 4 14:33:38 UTC 2005

Alex Schenck wrote:

> I will copy what I wrote to David here...
> I want to ask for your opinion here. I was feeling brave this morning and
> decided to see if I could make a dent in Category:Wikipedia
> backlog<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_backlog>.
> After looking at about 25 articles with the wikification tag attached to
> them, and being so disgusted with the lot as to be unable to make a *single*
> change, something major hit me.
> We need to, as one might say, flush the crap down the toilet. Allow me to
> explain.

I replied on [[User talk:David Gerard]] as well. I suspect flooding AFD
with this stuff will just piss people off. OTOH, it's probably not
speedyable.

Most of these articles are on topics that *do clearly deserve an
article* and would probably survive AFD because of that. The actual
articles are horrible.

All the people on this list who have complained we need a higher drive
for quality. Go to [[Category:Wikipedia backlog]] and fix a pile of
articles. Get together a WikiProject to Fix Crappy Prose.

Any takers?

(note me not waving my own hand)

- d.