[WikiEN-l] More fair use deletion wreckage

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Fri Dec 2 18:47:48 UTC 2005

Steve Block wrote:

> MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
>
>> We need a way to record which articles an image has been on (not the
>> other way around) and we also need to see how a category changes.
>>

> The use of {{tl|fairusein}} will let a user know where the image is
> intended to be used.  It might also be worth noting the information on
> the image talk page.

In fact I started using it last night when doing a pass over the
fair use category (the "fairuse" tag helpfully suggests it).

A requirement for two-way linkage between image and article seems
like the right long-term strategy, because checking can be automated,
and garden-variety vandalism is unlikely to break both links
simultaneously.

Stan