[WikiEN-l] [wik1234 at fastmail.fm: Quagga's vandalism]

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 17:58:19 UTC 2004

--- "KNOTT, T" <tknott at qcl.org.uk> wrote:
> Violating a week long ban is one thing. Running a script to vandalize
> wikipedia repeatedly until we cave in for to his demands is something
> else. Assuming Jimbo posts the full header to confirm it wasn't faked,
> then I don't see we even need an AC ruling. This is simple vandalism. We
> block vandals all the time.

Admins have always had the ability to deal with simple vandalism. So WHOEVER
the vandalbot is run by can be blocked by ANYONE right now. If that is Wik,
then he has banned himself permanently - no need for the AC to issue the ban.
The the AC *may* have to decide if this person is in fact Wik - but that is
all.

-- Daniel