[WikiEN-l] Autoblocker: change it or shut it off

uninvited at nerstrand.net uninvited at nerstrand.net
Fri Dec 3 16:18:34 UTC 2004

I believe that at present the autoblocker is doing more harm than good.
I believe we should shut it off.

Alternatively, we could cause autoblocks to affect account creation and
anon editing only.  At present they also affect logged-in users, which
is particularly unfortunate.

I recently blocked [[User:259]], and an ensuing autoblock also affected
[[User:SFTVLGUY2]] who asked me to explain why the block applied since
he was adequately identified by his username and password and had no
history of vandalism.

Other than saying, "that's the way it works, I'm sorry," I had no reply
to give him.  And I hate giving out answers like that.

The Uninvited Co., Inc.
(a Delaware corporation)