[WikiEN-l] Acount Irate

KNOTT, T tknott at qcl.org.uk
Fri Dec 3 14:23:48 UTC 2004

>There may have been other reasons to block the other user but it
>was the 3RR that was quoted.  Irate should really have been warned and
>(if necessary) blocked at this time.

You are right Sannse but the other users were clearly  sockpuppets. If
this ever happens again we should treat sockpuppets as we would vandals
- warn (just to be sure) then block. We should put "sockpuppet" as the
reason for the block and the block should either be indefinite or long
term to stop the user trying to use that particular sockpuppet again. I
think I am correct in stating that the autoblock will block the IP of
the sockpuppet for 24 hours as well so that will probably get who ever
is behind the sockpuppet as well, which should slow them down.

This is going to be a tricky policy to implement, Admins are going to
have to be very very careful to be fair and be seen to be fair. Theresa