[WikiEN-l] [iris.steineck at aon.at: donation to ferdinand porsche?article is not available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.]

Alex T. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 19:16:31 UTC 2003

From: "Ray Saintonge" <saintonge at telus.net>
>     3.    The reference to GNU-FDL appears to be a red herring.  Nothing
> in the discussion seems to be about this.

I think that the reference to the GNU-FDL is something that has been
metioned, namely if someone makes a contribution to a GNU-FDL text
and becomes a coauthor with others there is at least an implicit obligation
(perhaps even explicit) that as a contributor one's text cannot be
completely
removed if it contributes in a useful way to an FDL text. Removing it is at
least against the spirit of what a collaobrative contribution stands for,
and
the statement "your text will be mercilessly edited and redistributed at
will"
does not imply that your contribution can be unlaterally removed because
someone disagrees with your contribution, only that it will be mercilessly
"edited". There is a distinction there, no? One of the reasons there have
been suggestions about changing the edit page text by mav and yours truly.

Alex756 (not Rosen)

<iris.steineck at aon.at> -----