[WikiEN-l] Mother Teresa article

Stevertigo utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 17:50:30 UTC 2003

--- The Cunctator <cunctator at kband.com> wrote:

> 1) Your peace offer was admirable and it is
> unfortunate that everyone
> now is not on the same page. (Or avoiding the page,
> as the case may be.)

I proposed that the community be able to soft-ban any
pair of partisans from editing an article.  It got
zero airplay whatsoever, and even Louis (whoever he
really is) went and turned the /article ban page into
a redirect. The ban idea would make both people happy
I think -- keep each others hands out of the article
--which in this case JT was not gracious enough to do.

> Sad, isn't it? I guess Jtdirl has to get it out of
> his system every so
> often.

Yes.

> > With the exception of Cimon avaro, no Wikipedian
> has challenged
> Jtdirl's
> > behavior.

Huh? Irish Potatoes?

> You didn't announce complaining to Jimbo. You said
> you wanted him to be
> banned. There have been failures of tone on all
> sides. One important
> difference is that you tried apologizing.

Yes --but I thought we established it a long time ago
-- Erik was just letting off steam, which was in terms
of bright ideas, inline with Antheres and LD's
"experimental accounts," or with my threatening to ban
Jesus is Lord! if he didnt change his name (as the
community had voted).  All of these bad ideas come
from the notion that time and energy can be saved if
only a bit more force were applied.  Well -- Vietnam 2
is going on on the other side of the planet, and I
suppose its not too unusual for humans to make things
worse by applying violence.

~S~