[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Re: Deletion policy needed

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 06:46:11 UTC 2003

Gee, I don't know.  10 steps instead of 1.  Wow, how easy is that?

RickK

user_Jamesday <user_Jamesday at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> RickK wrote:
> No, no, no, no, no! Kill that obnoxious Cleanup
> proposal. It's impossible to understand

1. Copy article wikilink.
2. Visit cleanup
3. Edit
4. Move to line above first entry
5. paste wikilink
6. Type " nominate for VfD in 2 weeks. ~~~~"
7. Save.

Optional:

8. Look for a VfD nominated page with a date 2 weeks ago and not nominated by you and look at it. List it on VfD if it still looks as though it needs it.
9. If you don't think it needs it, drop a note to the lister sayin that it looks OK now so you've removed it from cleanup and ask them to list it on cleanup as a "second listing" if they still think it needs work.
10. If it's a second listing, follow step 9 but suggest VfD instead of cleanup.

Optional, desirable:

11. Scan cleanup to see if there's a page which interests you and fix it or post a note to the primary author(s) which politely reminds them of the page. If they are a newbie, suggest what is needed to fix it and point them to a good example, help articles and your talk page as a way for them to ask for more help. If the page no longer needs work and isn't a deletion candidate, remove it from cleanup.

> and unworkable.

Why is what I just described more unworkable than the current VfD process? Is it more or less likely to help and encourage newbies than a VfD listing?