[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Re: Deletion policy needed

Stevertigo utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 02:15:29 UTC 2003

--- user_Jamesday <user_Jamesday at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> 6. Type " nominate for VfD in 2 weeks. ~~~~"

Actually we want to keep comments brief as possible --
so just VFD is always fine. Also, just use ~~~ -- not
~~~~. Saves space.

> 10. If it's a second listing, follow step 9 but
> suggest VfD instead of cleanup.

Exactly -- the Cleanup process is a separate track,
but parallel to the VFD process.  Sysops can delete
junk all they want, but Cleanup at least implies a
different intent --that pages in one way or another
can be
"cleaned up."  Which is a nice idea, WP being a wiki
and all...

Cleanup is like PNA only with a better name, and the
implied fact that there is some junk there. Say I have
to leave in two minutes, and I dont have time to cache
the entire VFD page - Ill throw it on WP:CU.  VFD is
where people like Kurt Kawohl hang out. Thats the way
I think of it. ;)

~S~