[WikiEN-l] Re: Deletion policy needed

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Fri Oct 24 13:50:04 UTC 2003

The Cunctator wrote:
> The tone on Wikipedia seems to be degenerating.
>
> Not that I'm surprised VfD is a nest of hornets. I've thought it a bad
> idea from the start.
>
> It's also disturbing that pages that aren't offensive or illegal are
> being listed on VfD. There is *no need* to delete stub entries. We have
> methods of indicating them as stubs, which is much more constructive
> than simply deleting them.

Agreed. Very few of the pages listed have any particular reason to be
deleted. I still believe an altogether moratorium on deletions for a period
of time would do wonders. Making it so that blanked pages produced red links
would probably help shoot down one of the arguments for deletion, as well.

-- Jake