[WikiEN-l] Re: Deletion policy needed

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Fri Oct 24 03:37:36 UTC 2003

The tone on Wikipedia seems to be degenerating.

Not that I'm surprised VfD is a nest of hornets. I've thought it a bad
idea from the start.

It's also disturbing that pages that aren't offensive or illegal are
being listed on VfD. There is *no need* to delete stub entries. We have
methods of indicating them as stubs, which is much more constructive
than simply deleting them.

> RickK wrote:
> No, no, no, no, no!  Kill that obnoxious Cleanup proposal.  It's
impossible to understand, and unworkable.

> RickK
>
> > user_Jamesday <user_Jamesday at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> > To cut the traffic on VfD, list on Cleanup for two weeks first if it
isn't actually harmful (offensive or
> > illegal, not tasteless or dictionary) to have it around for that
time. And tell the most prominent creators
> > it's been listed there for more work so they can do that work if
they want to.

> > This gives time for the debates to start and maybe finish before
things arrive at VfD. Also time for the
> > people who are inclined to work on articles to do that before they
use the more time-consuming VfD process.
> > Would be nice not to see newbies getting educated instead of listed
on VfD an hour afer starting work on a
> > page as well.

> > Once those steps have halved the demand for VfD there won't be a
need to cut the time things stay there.

> > Cleanup might need to switch to one page per day of the week but
that's less painful there because there's