[WikiEN-l] potential VfD abuse?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Oct 23 20:08:39 UTC 2003

Dante Alighieri wrote:

> At 09:27 AM 10/23/2003, you wrote:
>
>> A better solution would be to accept his votes at face value, worth
>> neither more nor less than anyone else's.  Obviously he has a strong
>> attitude against deletions in general.  There should be no obligation
>> for him to justify his votes.
>
> There is no reason for the charitable assumptions that you suggest. In
> fact, there are reasons NOT to assume the above. Anyone with a
> passionately held anti-deletionist position would most likely have
> spoken out at some point, or at least answered queries on his talk
> page. Historically he has also voted to "Delete" /en masse/ on the VfD
> page as well. These are, in my opinion, the actions of a troll.

I always though that it was very unwiki to assume malicious intent.
 When was this changed?  If the guy is inconsistent about his votes that
should be his problem, not ours. If you think he's such a troll just
stop feeding him.

BTW it would make it easier to trace these items if there were "(cur)"
features on the user contribution pages - especially when they have
worked on such a heavily edited page as VfD.  Wartortle's most recent
edit was on the 22nd and is already out of the most recent 50 in the
page history.  This made tracking the facts a lot more difficult.

Ec