[WikiEN-l] potential VfD abuse?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Oct 23 16:27:13 UTC 2003

Dante Alighieri wrote:

> Just a heads-up. A user "Wartortle" (a Pokemon reference, apparently)
> has been voting "keep" /en masse/ on the VfD page with no explanations
> for awhile now. He has been questioned (politely) numerous times as to
> his intentions via his talk page.... there has been no response. I
> think the time may come for Jimbo to give him a talking too... or else
> we all could decide together if this is vandalism of a sort.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&target=Wartortle
>

> The above link is to his contributions page.

A better solution would be to accept his votes at face value, worth
neither more nor less than anyone else's.  Obviously he has a strong
attitude against deletions in general.  There should be no obligation
for him to justify his votes.

You forget that many of these people just fade away even without the fuss.

Ec