[WikiEN-l] Re: Resolution of conflicts

Louis Kyu Won Ryu lazolla at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:39:06 UTC 2003

> I suggested the idea that people (even devrs) can be
> banned from editing a particular page.  Even if its
> only a soft-security ban -- allowing sysops to revert
> the page if either one of the banned polarist
> prevaricators edits the page.
>
> ~S~

A brief respite certainly has merit, but is not a solution
by itself.

The greater problem is the absence of a dispute-resolution
culture and process.  Most Wikipedians are more interested
in being right than being facilitative, and those who visit
a disputed article are often more interested in making some
of their own edits to get the article "right," or in making
a clever comment on the talk page, than in helping others
get along and ensuring fairness.

Louis