[WikiEN-l] Resolution of conflicts

Stevertigo utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 19:30:18 UTC 2003

--- "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com>

> The best way to resolve a conflict, is by talking it
> out. Sometimes,
> other users can contribute to a resolution by
> mediating, but this
> doesn't always work.

Well, what about the case in point -- highly unusual
--where a develper and a sysop, both highly
intelligent and articulate -- who both needlessly
caused and contribute to an enourmous and unnecessary
ruckus --that the community has no interest in seeing
escalate.

Erik's threatening a ban on JT comes in part due to
his belief (mistaken) that his position with Wikipedia
is more secure than JT's --in part due to his
developer access.  Erik came to his senses quick, and
Ed, you were right to see Erik's comment as just
blowing steam... (as I was about your comment a few
weeks ago ;)

I suggested the idea that people (even devrs) can be
banned from editing a particular page.  Even if its
only a soft-security ban -- allowing sysops to revert
the page if either one of the banned polarist
prevaricators edits the page.

~S~