[WikiEN-l] Re: Deletion policy needed

Alex Rosen arosen at novell.com
Tue Oct 21 20:11:12 UTC 2003

> I still vote for "verifiable".
> Someday we'll have all of the elementary schools, and good for us.
> But we shouldn't let crap slip in because of our generosity either.
> This is what "verifiable" does.
>
> Is that criterion still in use on VfD?
>
> -- Toby

I wasn't aware that there was any "official" policy as to whether
something had to be important, or if it just had to be true and
verifiable.

If verifiable is the current standard, nobody seems to be following it
- for example, look at the votes for Ellen Oshey on VfD right now. She
is verifiable but 8 out of 10 people voted to delete her article because
she's not very notable.

Alex (axlrosen)