[WikiEN-l] re: user:mediator

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 21:06:42 UTC 2003

> It looks like Martin unbanned it, which was a bad idea.

Not I. Anthere unblocked the account, after receiving the password to it from our
anonymous friend in some manner. She tells me that she's changed the password to
lock him out: see user:mediator for her explanation. Anthere's a bona fide
contributor, so I don't think we need to be fearful about the issue.

It might help if we relaxed a little. I intend to lead the way in this by opening a can of
beer. Mmm, intoxicating. :)

> We can talk about the idea of role accounts *here*

Well, we can, but it would make more sense to me to use

http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_account

for the concept in general, and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:mediator

for the specific proposed account. Most of the discussion has been going on there so
far. I continue to dislike the idea, but since Anthere and Eclecticology, both of whom
I respect, think it has merit, I think it's wise to wait and see where they go with it
before dismissing it [sic].

WikiLove
-Martin "MyRedDice" Harper