[WikiEN-l] Fw: [Wikipedia-l] Re: AstroWikipedia

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 17:05:31 UTC 2003

It appears the below post did not get through
at the time it was posted or maybe it was
posted to the wrong mailing list
(another reason it might be a good idea
to  have Wikipedia-legal-l at wikipedia.org
as a legal issue specific list).

I  might have thought it was more a general
Wikipedia question than a Wikien-l question
and posted it there.

I also generally agree with
Imran's statement of the most recent post
on the English Wikipedia list concerning
this topic (reproduced below) but would
like more information before deciding how
to present it to them. It appears that their
claim to the name is weak and pl.wikipedia.org
has already made inroads in Polish speaking
communities for use of the name as a
distinguishing "mark" associated it
with other Wikimedia projects. Knowing
when they started using the name (hopefully
after the date that the Polish Wikipedia was
started) will help to convince them that they
have little or no claim to the name.

Alex756