[WikiEN-l] user names

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 00:46:23 UTC 2003

From: "Daniel Mayer" <maveric149 at yahoo.com>
> Martin wrote:
> >It's good that people volunteer to work on Wikipedia.
> >We're grateful for their hard work. But with that work
> >comes responsibility. We ask that contributors check
> >their facts and take some pride in their work. We ask
> >that they collaborate with others. We ask that they
> >behave civilly and with respect. Asking that they use
> >an appropriate username is an extension of that, and
> >not wildly unreasonable.
>
> Wow, Martin - you just nailed it.
>
> --mav

Yes, I think what i-ctus mav has redacted  here is
the basis of any reasonable agreement bewtween
Wikipedia contributor and the other members of
the association.  It need not be written down,
discussed or decided upon, it is the reasonable terms
of behavior that is implied into every principled
exchanged between those who organize together
for a purpose. Having it articulated in a concise
manner is perhaps the beginning of corpus
juris civilis wikipedi. (excuse me if I have the Latin
declinations wrong, corrections greatfully acknowledged).

Alex756