[WikiEN-l] EofT/142.177.etc/24 back as User:Mediator

Stevertigo utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 21:51:55 UTC 2003

--- Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Louis Kyu Won Ryu wrote:
>
> > Our favorite troll is raising Cain as
> User:Mediator.
>
> An unproven allegation.  It would be just as fair if
> I speculated that
> you were a reincarnation of User:Clutch, or worse
> that you were yourself
> EofT trying to stir discord by stirring up
> dissension.

I had thought the same thing!

<twilightzone>
But I considered another possibility: Maybe LKWR is in
fact 24/EofT disguised as a moderate voice--setting up
User:Moderator (after reading en:Wiki of course) as a
patsy/decoy personality.  After demolishing
"Moderator" this would allow 24/EofT to re-join the
collective with a clean slate altogether! ~No one
would suspect~
</twilightzone>

> > LKWR:However, the content he has posted and its
value
> are beside the point.
> EC:No! It is the point

Hahaha!  Judge the messenger, or the message?

> >LKWR: The point is, we've banned him three times.
>EC: But only if it's the same person.

It may be hard to tell.

> > I suggest that the usual technological measures
> for dealing with edits
> > from banned users be employed.  Pursuant to
> existing policy, the pages
> > he created should be deleted and his other
> contributions rolled back.
>
> Hmmm!  So what hidden agenda is there in this
> attempt to suppress all
> these mediation proposals?

It is strange that LKWR (supposedly new) seems so
familiar with existing policy, and his echoing of that
old (wrong) stigma--that any work under suspicion of
being by a banned user must be eradicated with extreme
prejudice-- is just too... whats the word....?

> You have the burden of proof backward.  It's up to
> the person making the
> accusation to prove that he is. Innocent until
> proven guilty.

This is exactly right Ray.  Among the sharper tacks in
the sack you are!

~S~