[WikiEN-l] Username changed

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Oct 13 19:05:03 UTC 2003

Toby Bartels wrote:

>Maveric149 wrote:
>
>>Eclecticology wrote:
>>
>>>What's become an even more peculiar turn in this saga
>>>is that in some medieval views using God's name
>>>backwards was a certain sign of being in league with
>>>the devil.  Are we to believe that his true colours are
>>>those of a Satanist? :-D
>>>
>>ROTFL! :-) You should mention that to them and see if it provokes another name
>>change request.
>>

>Considering the way that Drolsi took some of this as a personal insult,
>I think that it would be wise not to imply, even as a joke,
>that you honestly think that he would want to do this for that reason.
>(You don't /really/ think of Drolsi as medieval, do you?)

As much as I may feel that there is an element of medieval throwback to
fundamentalist beliefs, I would find it unusual indeed for any of that
ilk to be aware of any event that preceeded their Christian rebirth.
 Though I did make an observation, it was with the full understanding
that Drolsi was in all likelyhood blissfully unaware of this tradition.

I support the position that he can pretty well choose any name he wants.

Ec