[WikiEN-l] Re: Usernames

Björn Lindqvist bjrn.lindqvist at telia.com
Sun Oct 12 20:50:31 UTC 2003

Daniel Mayer wrote:

> We are creating a product that is used by a great many people with many, many,

I'm not. I'm bitching and writing stuff when I feel like it because I
have to much free time on my hands and so do the rest of you!

> unique POVs. Having usersnames that are POV slogans as being attributed
> authors to that body of knowledge is going to disparage our work and put its
> neutrality in question.

I don't care much about people who judge a book based on its cover, or
on who wrote it. If they* don't feel like reading it and/or publish it
because of a username they can go write their own damn encyclopedia
instead of leeching on our work.

* They, as in those fabled "downstream" users which we must protect
against harm at all costs and who we are required to provide a free
encyclopedia to, so that their stupid and annoying banners can get more
hits.

BL