[WikiEN-l] Re: Please stop bashing me

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Oct 10 14:06:40 UTC 2003

Sheldon,

You are miscontruing nearly everything I've said. It has the effect of
putting words in my mouth.

You then use these words in strawman arguments to disparage my
character.

I don't know why you're doing this. We are not enemies. I have no books,
no website, no POV axe to grind.

I am 100% for NPOV. I do not ask the Wikipedia to endorse any of my pet
projects or favorite ideas. I am not a scientist or politician or
lobbyist.

I only want to describe each side of controversial issues fairly.
Oftentimes, advocates overstate their own case. I _hate_ it when this
happens, and I am mortified any time I discover I have done it myself.

Please don't consider me an enemy. You and I are not opponents, unless
you choose to oppose NPOV itself.

I will continue to try as hard as I can to overcome my own bias when
writing on controversial subjects on which I have strong opinions.

I will not issue unilateral temporary bans on egregious bans, and you
would be just as wrong to suggest I would do such a thing as I would be
to accuse you of plotting to murder me. (BTW, you're not plotting that,
are you? ;-)