[WikiEN-l] Jeezis needs a name change

John Robinson john at freeq.com
Wed Oct 8 23:15:26 UTC 2003

What I find "offensive", and what I think should be a bannable offense,
is this (from what I can tell, fairly recent) spate of new accounts
that are obviously Wikipedia old hands (displaying intricate knowledge
of the system, talking about events that happened months and years
ago), which are being created to cause disruption in the pursuit of
some "agenda."

I wish the developers would look to see if a new, troublemaking account
is exhibiting the same signs as that of a banned user, and whether or
not the new account is coming in from the same IP, and that they were
empowered to take action on it.

If these accounts are being made by Wikipedians in "good standing," I
would go so far as to question that "good standing," and would further
encourage whoever it is to display enough cojones to work toward a
resolution of their problems with their established handle, rather than
acting like a cowardly Internet troll.

Regardless, the situation needs to end, and soon.  This particular
"Jesus is Lord!" situation had become overly problematic and disruptive
before twelve hours had passed; there is enough of a consensus on the
talk page to act -now-, rather than waiting through another week or
more of needless bickering over a decision that's easily reversed at
any rate if by some miracle it turns out to be wrong.

-Hephaestos