[WikiEN-l] Jeezis needs a name change

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 20:02:06 UTC 2003

LDan wrote:
>That sounds completely arbitrary. I think all
>usernames should be allowed. How do usernames affect
>our development as an encyclopedia?

Because it makes a POV statement. Remember that pesky
thing called NPOV we have to follow? Having a user
name like that doesn't help the process since it
states, rather up-front, what a user's POV is. That's
not what user names are for.

It also looks bad in page histories and on Recent
Changes since it appears as if we are composed of a
group of POV partisans creating POV text; downstream
users will be more weary of any edits made by such a
user name. /That/ doesn't bode well for the widespread
adoption of our text.

--mav