[WikiEN-l] Jeezis needs a name change

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed Oct 8 17:03:35 UTC 2003

[Sent both to wikiEN-l and directly to mav.]

Maveric149 wrote:

>SV wrote:

>>Jesus is Lord! needs a name change--

>I agree. User names are not supposed to express any sort of religious or
>political message. "Jesus is Lord!" is offensive to non-Christians and
>atheists.

Does this mean that [[User:GayCommunist]] is offensive as well?
Or is it because [[User:Jesus is Lord!]] makes a direct claim,
so that [[User:Subject of Lord Jesus]] would be fine?

I am both a non-Christian and an atheist,
and this username does not offend me in the slightest.
But changing it to [[User:Subject of Lord Jesus]], if preferable to you,
might still be a wise move on this user's part for the sake of good relations
(in accordance with Paul's excellent ideas in Romans 14).

-- Toby