[WikiEN-l] Jeezis needs a name change

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Oct 8 17:18:38 UTC 2003

Toby Bartels wrote:

>Maveric149 wrote:
>
>>SV wrote:
>>
>>>Jesus is Lord! needs a name change--
>>>
>>I agree. User names are not supposed to express any sort of religious or
>>political message. "Jesus is Lord!" is offensive to non-Christians and
>>atheists.
>>
>Does this mean that [[User:GayCommunist]] is offensive as well?
>Or is it because [[User:Jesus is Lord!]] makes a direct claim,
>so that [[User:Subject of Lord Jesus]] would be fine?
>
>I am both a non-Christian and an atheist,
>and this username does not offend me in the slightest.
>But changing it to [[User:Subject of Lord Jesus]], if preferable to you,
>might still be a wise move on this user's part for the sake of good relations
>(in accordance with Paul's excellent ideas in Romans 14).

I have a high level of tolerance for the names that people choose.  For
these Jesus-related names let's hope that that individual realizes that
people who see that name attached to an edit will presume that he is
injecting some kind of Christian bias, and scrutinize his contributions
more carefully.

Ec