[WikiEN-l] Re: Anti-scientific bias has me hopping mad!

Sheldon Rampton sheldon.rampton at verizon.net
Tue Oct 7 23:16:57 UTC 2003

Louis Kyu Won Ryu wrote:

>You have hit upon the number one reason why good, evenhanded
>contributors leave the Wiki, and why many of those who stay become
>frustrated and limit their edits to mechanical changes and work on a few
>pet subject areas.  It is also the reason why most credentialled people
>have left the project.

Actually, the problem here is that Ed, who is NOT credentialed in the
field of climate science, seems to be preparing to use his powers as
sysop to forcibly exclude individuals including William Connolley,
who IS credentialed in the field.

Ed's problem is that he is outnumbered by other contributors to the
global warming article who disagree with him, and he seems to think
that majority rule is a bad system for resolving disagreements.
However, minority rule by Ed would be even a WORSE system.
--