[WikiEN-l] Anti-scientific bias has me hopping mad!

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Tue Oct 7 23:11:48 UTC 2003

At 05:09 PM 10/7/03 -0400, Ed Poor wrote:
>I'm getting awfully tired of watching environmentalists inject their
>junk science POV into articles. They palm off their own prejudices as
>scientific fact far too glibly for me to remain patient any longer.

I'm awfully tired of watching you inject your junk science POV into
articles, and palming it off as scientific fact.

*Most* scientists working in the field agree that global warming
is a fact: the disagreements are about causes, and about how much
warming is likely in the next century and what effect that is going to
have on human and other life on Earth.

>I'm going to start issuing official warnings to NPOV violators. If that
>doesn't slow them down, I'm going to suspend them -- give them a
>temporary ban.

What gives you more right than anyone else to issue "official warnings"?

I haven't been following this list closely in the last few days--I'd rather
work
on an encyclopedia--so someone please let me know if there is *any*
reason/rule in the current structure of the Wikipedia by which Ed can make
such threats *on a subject he has been actively editing on*, and if so,
whether that same rule would allow some other sysop to ban Ed instead.

--
Vicki Rosenzweig
vr at redbird.org
http://www.redbird.org