[WikiEN-l] Where can I find a WikiBot?

Gutza gutza at moongate.ro
Fri Oct 3 00:30:43 UTC 2003

Hello,

Sorry for bothering you with something I'll probably get bashed about
for bringing up, but where can I find a bot for /editing/ Wikipedia
articles? Some user has started creating articles with the wrong format
on the Romanian Wikipedia, I don't have the proper permissions to
perform SQL queries on it, and due to the lack of regexp replace
functions in MySQL, even that would be pretty much useless in the end.
What I really need is a PHP bot I can program to get the current content
of some articles, perform some preg_replace's in them and post them
back. Can anyone suggest a basis for such a bot?

Thanks,
Gutza