[WikiEN-l] Goodbye, RK

martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 18:58:04 UTC 2003

An ex-Wikipedian wrote:

> [snip inappropriate content]
> Goodbye.

----

RK has voluntarily decided to excercise his "right to leave", and there's really no
need to discuss the issue any further than that.

The only real unresolved issue is Eloquence's temporary block, and Axel's later
unblock. As a developer, Eloquence currently has the authority to ban logged in
users for vandalism, subject to later endorsement by Jimbo. So, under our current
system, we need only wait to see what Jimbo says on the matter.

Of course, our entire ban/block system is somewhat anachronistic and needs
improvement, which is why I made the proposal for a slightly modified deletion
notice and transgression procedure at [[wikipedia:bans and blocks]]. The feedback
I've got has been very positive so far, but I'm still interested to hear what people
think. If there aren't any objections over the next few days, I'll probably call it official.

WikiLove,
Martin "MyRedDice" Harper