[WikiEN-l] This is how it will work.

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Thu Oct 2 03:52:30 UTC 2003

Robert wrote:

>Now Martin and Angela are cooperating in vandalizing my
>home page, despite my repeated pleas to stop harassing me.
>And no one on the Wiki-En list seems to have a problem with
>their harassment and vandalism.

This has probably been explained before, but I think you're overreacting
to something that's not really an issue here.  As far as I can tell they
didn't edit your user page at all, only your *talk* page.  The talk page
is a message-board of sorts, in which people can ask you questions or
make comments directed at you, and you'll notice them through the "you
have new messages" notification.  It's not in any way your personal
page, just a place for people to leave you messages.  So adding a
message there is fully in keeping with its indended use, not "vandalism."

I think most of us here are fairly reasonable people, so if there were
actually vandalism directed at you, even those who generally disagreed
with you would agree it was unwarranted and do something about it (so
there's no need to take retributive steps instead).  I don't think
that's the case here though.

-Mark