[WikiEN-l] This is how it will work.

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 01:16:09 UTC 2003

Enough.  Robert, I've put you in my filter so I don't have to read any more of your  rants.

RickK

Robert <rkscience100 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Ok, I see how you are all behaving.

Now Martin and Angela are cooperating in vandalizing my
home page, despite my repeated pleas to stop harassing me.
And no one on the Wiki-En list seems to have a problem with
their harassment and vandalism.

So this is how it is going to work: If Wikipedia policy
allows them to vandalize my home page, then it should also
allow me to do the same to theirs.

If it is wrong for me to do this to them, then it is also
wrong for them to do the same to me.

It is your choice what kind of community we have. Martin
and Angela, despite my repeated desperate pleas, have made
it clear what kind of behaviour they find acceptable to do
unto others. And many of you have made it clear that you
don't have a problem with this.

Personally, I find your choices incomprehensible. I think
this way leads to insanity, and the destruction of any
semblance of Wiki-community.

The only choice is to follow my original proposal: When
someone begs and pleads for a person to stop shoving
harassment onto their home page, then that person should
stop doing so. Your way - i.e. allowing this behaviour -
is simply insane.

But it is up to you. All I know is that I refuse to follow
the current Wikipedia policy, which is to forbid me alone
from changing other people's home pages, but allowing
others to harass me.

Robert (RK)