[WikiEN-l] Attacking Jews

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Oct 1 21:30:28 UTC 2003

Robert mentioned:
> fabricating Jewish beliefs, and then
> attacking Jews for these non-existent beliefs

Well, that kind of stuff certainly has no place in an encyclopedia
article. It's easy to win an argument by putting words in your
opponent's mouth.

But "standing up" to another Wikipedian might not be as useful as
REFRAMING their arguments as POV. Just locate the source of the
"offending" statement and mention in the article that White Supremacists
or Neo-Nazis or Holocaust Deniers believe (this or that). Why kick up
such a fuss?

Sorry I didn't plow through the "full text", but that will take more
time than I have. Sometimes snipping away is the best strategy, like
doctors debriding dead flesh from a wound.

Sincerely,

Ed Poor