[WikiEN-l] Christian-Jewish reconciliation.

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 17:10:01 UTC 2003

Robert <rkscience100 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Stevertigo then added a bizarre rant on oil, the
> middle-east, Arabs, the USA and the State of Israel

This is the "bizarre rant" in full.
  The US-Israeli relationship, almost since Israel's beginning, had been
  based a history of trust between the two countries-- dealing materially
  with the maintaining of [[Anglo]]-[[American]] [[oil interests]] in the
  region, and unwavering US support for Israel in the [[UN]]. The current
  climate of Christian Jewish reconciliation is seen by people of various
  political shades, in one respect or another, as being hand-in-hand with
  their mutually supportive political, military, and economic
  relationship.

  But this tenor of reconciliation also presents some political conflicts in
  light of the [[War on Terror]]. Arabs in the USA and Europe have at
  times expressed a resentment at the strength of the US-Israeli
  relationship, as a union of powers with the sole purpose of isolating
  Arabs, Arab human rights causes, and even Islam-- being the sole
  [[Abrahamic religion]] isolated from Judeo-Christian reconciliations.
  Religion is seen by some Muslims as the final straw-- the final social
  compact between US and Israeli societies, at the exclusion of Arab
  Muslims.

  Yet many Jews and Christians do not see it this way. In fact they
  express a great deal of sincerity in terms of wanting to see Jewish and
  Christian relationship further healed, having a very long and terrible
  history of ethnic hostility between them, which eventually culminated
  in the Holocaust in the mid [[20th]] century. They hold the view that the
  political connection between the US and Israel is a side issue-- not
  bearing on the importance and merit of a growing understanding
  between Christians and Jews.

I'm sorry, but that does not strike me as :
i)  anti-semitic
ii) anti-catholic
iii)  POV
iv) Bizarre
v)  Unsuitable  for the article.

US / Israeli relations are certainly -- and their effect on the continuing
Arab / Israeli conflict -- seem very important to Christian / Jewish relations

RK, is there anyone with whom you disagree
who you not prepared to call an Anti-Semite?
--
Gareth Owen
"It's not a human or civic right to edit wikipedia."